Sunday, April 27, 2014

The pathetic and sad psychiatrists of the United States of America

    
     It is so sad that many American families, including my own immediate family has bought in to the notion that western psychiatric medicine is somehow a solution for well behaved, smart, mathematically and musically talented, athletic, gifted in the language arts, and gifted in the physical and natural sciences adolescent children, as I, myself, Mark R. Rowe fell victim to prey of a psychiatrist, that is Dr. Eric Steckler M.D. at 1483 Old Chain Bridge Road McLean, Virginia 22101 at the age of 10 years old in 1987.  I was drugged with Valium on a daily basis from 10 years old to the age of 15, when I was forcibly committed by my parents to be drugged up beyond human belief on 2100 milligrams of Lithium, a drug that causes brain damage and major liver problems, 500 milligrams of Stelazine, 150 milligrams of Thorazine, two drugs that cause diabetes, heart problems and Tardivdiscognesia and 50 milligrams of Haldol on a daily basis at the Dominion Psychiatric Hospital for adolescents and adults in Falls Church, Virginia near the intersections of VA-29, VA-50 and VA-7 for 3 one week time periods.  
     And the really sad thing about this is, is that, I, Mark R. Rowe, before being drugged by this psychiatrist in late 1992 and in early 1993 at the ages of 15 and 16 years old, is that I was the only one selected (from my elementary school during my 6th grade year in 1989 at Haycock Elementary School in Falls Church, Virginia Fairfax County Public Schools District, on the intersection of Westmoreland Drive and Haycock Road, in the zip code of 22043) by a professor of Mathematics at George Mason University to compete in the annual National Mathematics Olympiads competition that takes place every year in Northwest Washington D.C. at which I placed 5th in the nation for giving the most amount of correct solutions for math problems asked by the administrators during this competition that placed me ahead of the 6th placed competitor in 1989.

     Some other sad facts about how psychiatric medicine my life is that before I was drugged and forcibly committed to a psychiatric hospital at 15 years old I skipped 7th grade math while I was in the 7th grade and took 8th grade level math instead and was only 1 percentage point away from being accepted to the number one academically placed high school in the U.S. for math and science (Thomas Jefferson High School).  I was a starting pitcher for McLean Youth International sports league from 9 years old to 12 years old, a starting pitcher for Fairfax County’s Babe Ruth baseball sports league from 13 - 14 years old, made first cuts for McLean High School’s Junior Varsity Baseball and winter track teams competing in the 500 meter and 4 by 400 in districts, and made first cuts for McLean High School’s Freshman football team in 1991 and started every game for McLean as a wide receiver.  I competed as the xylophonist for McLean High School’s concert orchestra band in the national championship where McLean High School won first place in Orlando, Florida during my sophomore year.  My life was going along fine until I fell victim to the merciless grip of psychiatric medicine as it represses all to many people in the U.S. and Europe.

No comments:

Post a Comment